The Florida Retail Federation’s Beauty Industry Council represents and supports Florida’s beauty and cosmetology industry, including barbers, stylists, massage therapist and nail technicians, among others.
Members of the FRF Beauty Industry Council benefit from industry collaboration at our annual meetings, advocacy efforts by our legislative affairs team in Tallahassee and access to continuing education through our online training platform.
With this added support, you can focus on your number one goal: operating your business.
Each year, the Legislature seeks to change or update state statutes that may affect you. Working with the members of the Beauty Industry Council, we determine how these proposals will impact your profession and your business. Armed with this information, we testify at committee hearings and lobby members of the Legislature to protect the way you do business.
Members of the FRF Beauty Industry Council receive access to continuing education programs required to maintain your license. These easy-to-use online programs are an efficient way to stay up to date on your certifications and a great value-add to your membership.
Courses available include:
- 16-Hour Cosmetology License Renewal Requirements
- 2-Hour HIV/AIDS Course Required for Barbers
- 2-Hour HIV/AIDS Continuing Education for Barbers
- 2-Hour HIV/AIDS Continuing Education for Hair Braiders, Hair Wrappers and Body Wrappers
- 4-Hour HIV/AIDS Course for Cosmetologists and Registered Specialists
- Licensing and Regulation Information: Receive real-time updates on regulations that impact your profession or business. Engage our Advocacy Team to connect you with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation to resolve issues or expedite license applications.
- Returns on Workers’ Compensation Insurance Policies: Access Workers’ Compensation insurance from an A- rated carrier and receive up to 20% in dividends on annual premiums. All business in Florida with four employees or more are required to have workers’ comp insurance.
- Discounts on Credit Card Processing: Credit card processing fees, or interchange fees, can take away from your revenue. Work with the Florida Retail Federation to receive lower rates, allowing you to offer the convenience and safety of credit cards to your customers while keeping more of your hard-earned money.
- Discounted Shipping: As a member, you can access discounts on your shipping fees. Pass the savings on to your customers and keep more of your hard-earned money.
Meet the team who represents the FRF Beauty Industry Council: