Florida’s Disaster Preparedness Tax-Free Holiday is coming soon. Beginning May 29 through June 4, consumers can save money while stocking up on hurricane supplies.
Eligible items that consumers can purchase tax-free include:
- Portable self-powered light source selling for $20 or less;
- Certain portable radios selling for $50 or less;
- Tarps selling for $50 or less;
- Ground anchor systems or tie-down kits selling for $50 or less;
- A gas or diesel fuel tank selling for $25 or less;
- Packages of certain battery types, selling for $30 or less;
- A nonelectric food storage cooler selling for $30 or less;
- Portable generators for use in a power outage selling for $750 or less; and
- Reusable ice selling for $10 or less.
To help you inform your customers about this opportunity to save on hurricane supplies, we’ve developed a number of social media posts and graphics for you to share on your channels. Attached, you’ll find a social media slate of assets for you to browse, select and post. Be sure to use #FloridaRetail and #DisasterPrep2020 to help us spread the word or tag us. We’re @FloridaRetail on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you have questions about how to apply the tax-savings to your customers’ purchases? Click here to view a TIP Sheet from the Florida Department of Revenue. It details what items qualify, how to apply to sale items and how to process exchanges and returns.