With Hurricane Irma approaching our State, the Florida Retail Federation and our merchant program Florida Bankcard Solutions would like to take a moment to remind you of some recommendations to help protect your merchant processing account.
IN ADVANCE OF THE STORM:
- Make sure you settle and then secure your credit card terminal and cables in a dry location.
- Store your past sales receipts in a dry storage location away from potential moisture.
AFTER THE STORM:
- If you have power but your internet is not working, your terminal can be set to dial backup. Call customer service if you need assistance in setting up this function.
- If you do not have power you can still accept cards but be sure to call for a voice authorization. If you are processing credit card transactions with Florida Bankcard Solutions, the customer service number is 800-563-5981 option 4 for voice authorizations.
- Be sure to make a manual imprint of the credit card to verify the card was in your possession during the transaction. Have the cardholder sign the imprinted slip.
- If your equipment has been damaged or is not functioning after the storm, call customer service to acquire new equipment.
As always, please call us with any questions or assistance you need. If you are processing credit card transactions with Florida Bankcard Solutions, the customer service number is 800-563-5981 option 2.
Most important, please be safe during this storm as it approaches the state and stay tuned for updates from the Florida Retail Federation as we have staff in place at the State of Florida’s Emergency Operations Center.